- This event has passed.
APPLY FOR THE DARK & LOVELY x SLA BEAUTY ACCELERATOR
August 15, 2017 @ 8:00 am - September 1, 2017 @ 12:00 am
She Leads Africa (SLA) has partnered with Dark and Lovely for the 2017 Dark & Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator. The program is a 10-week long entrepreneurship development program. It aims to support early stage entrepreneurs who are building businesses in the beauty industry.
THE DARK & LOVELY X SLA BEAUTY ACCELERATOR PROGRAM:
The program entails:
- One (1) week business skills bootcamp in Johannesburg, South Africa. Entrepreneurs will receive training on:
- Business strategy
- Ten (10) weeks of training from the SLA and Dark & Lovely teams and the opportunity to pitch their businesses to a host of industry stakeholders, media and investors.
ELIGIBLE COMPANIES INCLUDE:
- Media: Platforms that make it easier for women to learn beauty techniques and discover new styles.
- Products: Physical products that enhance the beauty process.
- Technology: Software and services that support the beauty industry.
- Retail: Platforms that simplify the buying process for consumer.
- South Africa
- Cote d’Ivoire
Interested entrepreneurs should visit sheleadsafrica.org/beauty for more information and to apply.
Applications opened on Monday, 14th August, 2017 The 2017 and will close on 1st September at 11:59pm WAT (1:59AM EAT)
She Leads Africa is a community of more than 350,000 that helps young women achieve their professional dreams by providing expert advice, opportunities for networking and global growth opportunities. SLA reaches more than 300,000 women across 35+ countries and 5 continents and has been featured in the Financial Times, BBC, CNN, Forbes, CNBC Africa, Fast Company, Black Enterprise and Huffington Post.