The Afro Hair Awards 2017 gala night that happened on the 2nd of December at the Intercontinental Hotel was something to write home about. Hairpolitan Lifestyle was proud to be a sponsor of the event and we really enjoyed our night out. We’ll share with you a pictorial of the event but first here is the list of winners was as follows:
- Loctician of the year – Timothy Andrew Olee
- Colorist Award – Saul Juma
- Barber Award – Ibrahim Betebete
- Creative Student Award – Edith Awuor
“Kudos to The Afro Hair Awards team! Looking forward to next year’s which l believe will be bigger and better. Thanks also for bringing on board Nurtured Knotts.” Nakhulo Khaimia, Owner TrendyB Fashion House and Co-Founder Nurtured Knotts.
- Weaveologist Award – Doris Akoth
- Avant Garde Stylist Award – El-Bethel Wandim
- Bridal Stylist Award – Catherine Omondi
- Haircut Award – Stephen Kamau
- Afro Natural Stylist Award – Dennis Mwangi
“It was a lovely event actually. Even better than the last one….just like fine wine. I actually look forward to the next.” Lucy Kingori, Bu.ke Products
- Male Stylist Award – Ibrahim Betebete
- Female Stylist Award – Doris Akoth
- Best Salon Award – Hair Revolution & Spa
- Brand of the Year Award – Mikallah Hair Essentials
- Hairdressing School Award – Vera Beauty College
- Honorary Award – Farouk Jannedy
“It was wonderful! Very well organized event! I also greatly commend the MC’s of the evening Robert Burale and Amina Abdi.” Michelle Ntalami, Marini Naturals.
Check out the pictorial images of the event in relation to natural hair. Images by Meshack Anana.